small amounts of water in exhaust manifold

twodawgs

Cadet
I have a 350 mag mpi mie with fresh water cooling system i noticed that almost every time i take of the riser i have small amount of water in the exhaust manifold
could it be from condensation the manifold and risers are new this year mercruiser not after market i took it part to check it out at during the summer and found that i have very low compression i the 4 and 6 cylinder had it checked and mechanic thinks it has bad valves
so when i took it apart yesterday found small amounts of water in the manifold again on both sides i know that i need a new head but i wonder where came from
gaskets and the surface was good

achris

More fish than mountain goat
pressure test the engine block and heads then the manifolds if you have a slight leak in any of them it will become worse over time use acetone to check the elbows as you cant seal them off you need to do a leakdown test before you start taking anything apart so you know what youre going to need to fix valves rings ect chris

Last edited:

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer
I have noticed the same thing inside exhaust manifolds.... small rust stains where water sits in the bottom of the manifolds. We all forget that one of the by-products of an internal combustion engine, is H2O / water. Ever see water dripping out of the tailpipe of your car or truck?... :)