question on types of motor mounts

philbullet

Petty Officer 1st Class
SO I see different types of motor mount,
I have the smaller type with rubber garment under it and need to replace one because it's rusted out.
I came across some but there the fluid type I believe.
can these be use or is there a difference in hight, be caused I just fiberglassed in new mounts in boat and set them for small type (size)
I have a 1995 4.3 v6 motor set up.
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
I have the smaller type with rubber garment under it and need to replace one because it's rusted out.
can these be use or is there a difference in hight, be caused I just fiberglassed in new mounts in boat and set them for small type (size)
Thanks

I think your talking about item 4 in the link below.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show....png&inbr=1599&bnbr=220&bdesc=ENGINE+MOUNTING

If so it is part number 66284A2

Bondo

Staff member
Thanks

Ayuh,.... I believe the fluid mount was used for a short time on the non-balance-shaft 4.3ls, to dampen the vibes,....

Donno whether their profile is the same, or not,...

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Ayuh,.... I believe the fluid mount was used for a short time on the non-balance-shaft 4.3ls, to dampen the vibes,....

Donno whether their profile is the same, or not,...

It's not. Just replaced a non-balance shaft engine with a new MPI (also V6) and the engine mounts are so different it was a pain to get them set up.

Last edited:

philbullet

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yep that the ones num. 4 is what I have but need to change one.
And I do have a balance shaft.
the fluid fill ones would not work, correct?