4.3 L oil sending unit location on engine

timjet

Cadet
I just had my engine replaced with a rebuilt 4.3 L mercruiser engine. The mechanic failed to connect the oil sending warning unit. I think he just forgot to connect it electrically. I get no buzzer with the key on indicating low oil pressure. Can someone guide me to it's location on the engine?

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi there, what year engine do you have? Engine serial number handy?

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Both units should be located on a tee fitting at the rear on the port side of the block by the oil filter.

Bondo

Staff member
Both units should be located on a tee fitting at the rear on the port side of the block by the oil filter.

Ayuh,... Way down Low,.....Just above where the block turns into the oil pan,...

Volphin

Lieutenant
Yep, and if it's an older 4.3L, it will be attached with a T right behind the intake manifold, next to the distributor.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Ayuh,... Way down Low,.....Just above where the block turns into the oil pan,...

Yep, and if it's an older 4.3L, it will be attached with a T right behind the intake manifold, next to the distributor.

Two conflicting positions. That's why we ask for an engine serial number. OP, do you have that yet?