ENGINE SWAP 4.3 MERCRUISER TO 350

BACKYARDAL

Recruit
wanting to change 4.3 to 350 I know I have to change manifolds what about motor mounts and other parts motor mounts main thing 89 searay cuddy?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
gotsomeyearsontheseengines? 4.3wasusedsince1984andthe350since1977...

alldodge

Staff member
wanting to change 4.3 to 350 I know I have to change manifolds what about motor mounts and other parts motor mounts main thing 89 searay cuddy?

Need to move front motor mounts, change flywheel to 14 inch IF it is a not already. Drive ratio may or may not be an issue depending on what it is

Edit: forgot :welcome: to iboats

Walt T

Lieutenant
I'd find a boat with what I wanted in it. For the money you'll spend on the motor and all the externals you can find a decent boat already set up.

alldodge

Staff member
Agree but guess there are two ways to look at it. You can do all the work and a little at a time put in what you want. This also allows you to spend the money as you can save it. May wind up spending more in the long run but will also know what you have when done. Or buy one already setup and need all the money up front, or with a loan.

I like the do it myself most times :D, except when it comes to transom work :(

Good luck and if you do it make sure to post pics, we like a good picture show :D

Walt T

Lieutenant
I certainly understand wanting to build your own stuff, I tell the Ol' Lady I have a big ol oil leak and I gotta pull the motor to fix it, and well since it's out I may as well pop these nice Vortec heads on and oops I need mirror pistons etc etc...