454 water in oil milk shake

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks man ur spot on. The head number u just posted is the same casting on the one i had . Thanks

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
up date well today in the cold i install the new head, new intake i torque the head in three stages ., 25 50 80 pound by the torque spec. i torque the intake at 30 pound. attention i think my risers gaskets is wrong. i dont have a restrector what i see is all open slot gaskets. the system is raw water cool. am putting it back together with the open slot sits on top off the manifold then the spacer, on top off the spacer i now put the restrictor gasket the riser now sits on that, is that the correct way guys. i always notise the manifold runs hot but the riser cool to the touch. now i fill both manifold with acetone i did not notice any drips in exhaust passage, i let it sits over night , result one manifold still has a lot off the acetone but the other side was almost empty , both manifold look great but scared one might have a problem. ow well . your thought guy,

Bondo

Staff member
up date well today in the cold i install the new head, new intake i torque the head in three stages ., 25 50 80 pound by the torque spec. i torque the intake at 30 pound. attention i think my risers gaskets is wrong. i dont have a restrector what i see is all open slot gaskets. the system is raw water cool. am putting it back together with the open slot sits on top off the manifold then the spacer, on top off the spacer i now put the restrictor gasket the riser now sits on that, is that the correct way guys. i always notise the manifold runs hot but the riser cool to the touch. now i fill both manifold with acetone i did not notice any drips in exhaust passage, i let it sits over night , result one manifold still has a lot off the acetone but the other side was almost empty , both manifold look great but scared one might have a problem. ow well . your thought guy,

Ayuh,.... Sounds like ya got a Leak,.... The acetone went Somewhere,....

I'd be buyin' replacement manifolds, otherwise the Motor is at risk,....

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
thanks bondo its been on my mind all night, so new manifold its going to be. i work my azzz off in the cold on thanksgiving day to put it back , i dont want to do it again. thanks .

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
bondo thanks man the exhaust manifold was the culprit all allong. thats means my head was good new ones is on the way.

Bondo

Staff member
bondo thanks man the exhaust manifold was the culprit all allong. thats means my head was good new ones is on the way.

Ayuh,..... Glad to hear ya found the Problem,...... Tight lines,..... ;)

alldodge

Staff member

Also glad you have it fixes but in post 12 you have 70 psi compression, and in post 16 you mention a cracked head. You can't have 70 psi compression on a cylinder without a problem