Where to buy new engine??

brpesa

Seaman Apprentice
Hello
I'm in process to replace engine on my boat,1988 luhrs single inboard engine 5.7 PCM
There is many different suppliers but i can decide where to get one and not get burn or buy lemon.
I would go with new one 5.7 carb complete engine turn key over 300hp not necessary pcm or any particular brand.
If you have any great experience with any of vendors would appreciate info.
I live in CA if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Volphin

Lieutenant
Thee are plenty of 5.7s in boneyards that can be built by your local machine shop. Or check in with these folks:
rapidomarine.com or michiganmotorz.com

alldodge

Staff member
Hello
I'm in process to replace engine on my boat,1988 luhrs single inboard engine 5.7 PCM
There is many different suppliers but i can decide where to get one and not get burn or buy lemon.
I would go with new one 5.7 carb complete engine turn key over 300hp not necessary pcm or any particular brand.
If you have any great experience with any of vendors would appreciate info.
I live in CA if it makes any difference.

Thanks

For new long block crate motors use google or go to your local Chevy dealer. If you want a new turn key and have the coin check out the local Mercruiser dealer or again google. many dealers sell there engines online and use ebay. Don't know if Costal Marine Export sells engines but they sell new everything else and have not found another place which sells for less. http://coastalmarineexport.com/

If your looking for rebuild and or rebuild turn key go with the names which have been in business for a long time. Have never bought an engine from Rapido Marine out of FL but others have with good results. I'm sure there are some good builders in CA and if close enough you could save shipping and pick it up your self.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Here's somnething that sounds pretty darned good, and you can't beat Crusader. Scroll to the bottom of the page and read about the 'Power Pack SD',. I tried to go the Crusader site for more specifics about what's included and what isn't, but their site is down due to a server failure.

http://www.1800runsnew.com/NLM/crusader_engines-NLM.html

brpesa

Seaman Apprentice
Here's somnething that sounds pretty darned good, and you can't beat Crusader. Scroll to the bottom of the page and read about the 'Power Pack SD',. I tried to go the Crusader site for more specifics about what's included and what isn't, but their site is down due to a server failure

http://www.1800runsnew.com/NLM/crusader_engines-NLM.html

Wow this sounds really good
Called Mercury dealer today for new 5.7 complete turn key engine and they said $11454 for complete one brand new mpi closed cooling all bells and whistles.
Re manufactured for my application they don't have.

alldodge

Staff member

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
if you would like I can ask rapidomarine, they did my heads and they did a great job.