Exhaust shutter part number help

pnhigg

Cadet
I have a 1995 Mercruiser alpha one with 5.7L
When I pulled the drive to replace the bellows, I found exhaust shutter pieces in the exhaust. When I looked deeper, one is missing and the other is there but broken so I will replace both.
I think I have found the right part number, but would like some of you all with more experience to comment
Is part # 14348A1 correct for my engine?
Also, I am missing the grommets (or whatever they are called) and one of the pins that holds the shutter in the exhaust pipe
Are there seperate numbers for those or are they included with the about part #?

thanks again
Patrick

Fun Times

Staff member
Last edited:

pnhigg

Cadet
Thanks.

I will check to be sure the pin is not in the y pipe. I will have to figure a way to pass something through as I can't reach far down the pipe.
I still have the drive off, so I would be able to figure something out relatively easily.

thanks again

pnhigg

Cadet
Thanks again. Ordered shutters, and got them replaced easily.

Now to finish up the bellows replacement so we'll be ready to go next spring.

Bondo

Staff member
Thanks again. Ordered shutters, and got them replaced easily.

Now to finish up the bellows replacement so we'll be ready to go next spring.

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... For the main drive bellow's lockin' ring, Don taught me a neat trick awhile back,....

Insteada usin' a disc driver to seat the ring,....
Ya spray the bellows with abit of Quicksilver Power Tune, push the ring in with yer fingers, wait a few seconds, 'n it's a Done Deal,....

With the Power Tune, the rubber is slicker than slime on a rock,.....
It flashes off it a few seconds, 'n the rubber is rubber sticky again,...

pnhigg

Cadet
Thanks! I'll give that a try.
Hope to get everything buttoned up tomorrow. Would like to be able to take it for one last ride to be sure everything is ok before we winterize.

thanks again.