trim rams paint

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I just got done wire brushing my trim rams down to bare metal. My question I have is what type of paint is going to be best to paint them? The boat will be in a slip all year round, 5-6 months. What ive heard so far is to prime them with self etching primer, then coat them 3-4 times with black epoxy appliance paint. Just wanted to check with others to see how they do theirs and if it held up to the underwater environment.
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
I just got done wire brushing my trim rams down to bare metal. My question I have is what type of paint is going to be best to paint them? The boat will be in a slip all year round, 5-6 months. What ive heard so far is to prime them with self etching primer, then coat them 3-4 times with black epoxy appliance paint. Just wanted to check with others to see how they do theirs and if it held up to the underwater environment.
Thanks

Agree but .... no expert here

tpenfield

Staff member
Interlux "Primocon" primer then your choice of black. Epoxy paint would be OK or even POR15. Lots of folks use regular Rustoleum or similar spray paint.