corrosion clips on bellows

OH. DON

Cadet
i recently changed all the bellows and shift cable. what a pain my first time doing this job. heres my question i forgot to put the little corrosion clip on the u joint bellows. is this going to cause me problems what should i do . i really dont want to pull this bellows back off any sujestions.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Your in the prop section,you will get better results in the I/O section farther down the page.I'd try to help you but I don't have a clue.

DaveG55

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Where do you boat? Salt water or fresh? It's my understanding that those clips are to help prevent the SS clamp deteriorating from electrolysis. Boating in salt water makes this more critical than freshwater boating. If you used glue on the bellows you may be able to loosen the clamp slightly and slip the clip back on. Or just leave it off and keep a close eye on clamp condition.

alldodge

Staff member
Agree with DaveG55 the clips are to keep your clamp grounded. If this is a trailer boat, don't worry about it, if not I would put it on

OH. DON

Cadet
OK THANKS; YEA I WILL PROB. WILL NOT BE IN SALT WATER AND IS A TRAILER BOAT SO I WILL JUST WATCH IT FOR NOW .THANKS AGAIN,