Pictures of the petcocks or drains for Mercruiser 120 2.5L? Trying to winterize.

DFremo

Recruit
I have a 1982 Mercruiser 120, 2.5L. I have paid a mechanic to winterize in the past, but I would like to do it myself this year. Does anybody have pictures of where to locate the block drains? I found one petcock on the lower right side of the block (when facing rear of boat), but I understand there are others I should also pull.

I feel fine with the process apart from knowing where these drains are, but finding pictures of my exact engine is harder than I thought, even with the magical internet.

Any help is appreciated.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
The one on the PORT side of the engine block is for the engine block and cylinder head. Almost directly above that on the manifold is a plug. Also remove the large water hose at the front of the engine, and the incoming water hose from the drive. Drain both of those (incoming needs to be done with the drive removed)... If you have power steering, drain the water from the cooler too. With the petcock, don't just open it and hope the water drains out, it won't. You need to remove the petcock from the engine block and poke around inside with a bit of wire, screw or nail to ensure all the water drains out, same with the manifold....

Here's some pictures from the manual....

thumpar

Admiral
Take the lower big hose off the water pump too. I did my 2.5l for 7 years by myself. It is pretty easy to do on those.