Mercruiser Service manuals

indybleck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can some one tell me what the part number is for a Mercruiser service manual for a 1988 454. I know I should have the serial number from the engine but I can't get it right now, the boat is an hour north of me. Thunderbolt ignition not fuel injected. I've looked on e bay and just want to make sure I ge the right one. Has anyone bought one of those manual's on cd and if you did was it worth it. Thanks for any help, when I get the boat home I'll get the serial number.

alldodge

Staff member
Can some one tell me what the part number is for a Mercruiser service manual for a 1988 454. I know I should have the serial number from the engine but I can't get it right now, the boat is an hour north of me. Thunderbolt ignition not fuel injected. I've looked on e bay and just want to make sure I ge the right one. Has anyone bought one of those manual's on cd and if you did was it worth it. Thanks for any help, when I get the boat home I'll get the serial number.

I found that if it has an Alpha or Bravo drive it is 90-144991. In 1989 the manual changed. For the most part it is Merc number

Woops wrong manual number it's number 15

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Woops it's manual number 15 but part number is the same, sorry about that

indybleck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
no problem was just looking and number 8 is for four cylinders, thanks for getting back to me