Excessive exhaust steam?

nwboater45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have an 1989 Mercruiser 470, 224, 3.7L. I have been doing a lot of work on this engine over the last year. It seems lately that there is more steam coming out of the exhaust then usually. This is on muffs in my driveway. I have added a video on Youtube. Does this look normal for this motor? This video is after running the motor for about 20 minutes. The video was taken while running it at 900 rpms. The water temp never got above 180 and there was steam coming out of the valve cover relief vent. The outdoor air temp was about 70 degrees. I was just curious if this looks normal or not. I am wondering if I need to replace the head gasket or not.

Thanks.

nwboater45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
OK this is frustrating!!!!!!!. Is anyone getting the video link? I keep getting an error message even though I copy clip directly from YouTube. Also why can't you delete your own posts?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
check to see what link your using for the video. steam DOES NOT come out of the valve cover unless something is wrong.

thumpar

Admiral
Your links are to your own account links. Copy the link from the address bar and make sure the video is public.