reverse lock valve

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
My reverse lock looks looks like the one in the picture. The plastic hose is cut and there is nothing going to the other fitting. My guess is that as the out drive trys to lift in reverse and force the hydraulic fluid back to the pump the lock keeps this from happing. Therefore the hydraulic lines from the trim cylinder must got to the lockout but I cant find any diagrams showing how to set this up. Any body have any info on this?

Thanks

Chris

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
No picture. And don't you think it would help to identify what model outdrive you have?

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

1980 gm 228 with alpha one

Last edited:

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Is this a new-to-you boat? It's possible someone replaced the original pump setup with a more modern model that doesn't use the separate reverse lock out, and that's why it is not hooked up.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Otherwise, see if this helps.....

powertrimdowdiagram-1.jpg

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes I was thinking the same. The previous owner may have updated it. Just found out about the updated trim pumps. I guess the only way to find out is to try it unless i can figure out what the diff is between the two trim pumps.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Thanks for the help Fishermark. @ Silvertip. Was the smart azz remark really necessary?

If that is a reference to the request to know what drive you are talking about, then it is not a 'smart azz remark'. If, when you joined the forum, you read How to ask a question, then you would have known it's one of the first thing the people trying to help you will need to know. You don't go into a car parts shop and ask for a part without giving details of the vehicle that part is for, and the same here. You are asking for help, you should furnish the people trying to give you that help with as much information as you can.

Chris.
iboats Mod team.

Last edited:

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
No achris that was not a request for Information. That was a smart mouth remark. A request for information would go something like this. Hey chris what kind of drive do you have? Or chris you forgot to mention what drive you have. To say what he said was a nasty smart mouth remark.

fishrdan

Admiral
UGH................. :faint2:

Sorry we were not polite enough giving you FREE advice.

I hear Mercruiser shops are very polite,,, and charge a low low rate of only $90/hour.

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
So its ok to be a nasty to someone if you volunteer to help them?

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This thread looks like it could be fun.... :popcorn: