1994 4.3 Mercuiser alarm constantly going off

toddmxer733

Recruit
I have a 1994 Blue Water Monte Carlo with the 4.3 Mercuiser and just the other day after a long run across the lake when I pulled back to idle the alarm went off and I could not get it to go off. After lots of checking I took it very easy going back home. Had NO issue, ran flawlessly all the way. All indications on the dash were normal. I understand only 3 thing on this old of a boat should make the alarm sound. Low oil pressure. High engine temp. Low drive oil in the res. Oil pressure is always between 40 & 50 psi. Temp never gets over 150. Drive oil qty is at the full line.
I have disconnected each switch 1 at a time but the alarm just continues to go off. I have unplugged all 3 and still the alarm continues to go off.
Sound so simple and maybe it is but I am lost. Not sure what else to try.
Also just in case my battery voltage is good as well. 12.7 idle & 14.4 at speed.
I am going to start with the temp switch as well as the drive impellor change, as it is due anyway.
Any help would be great. Any ideas?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
You have a short to ground somewhere in the tan/blue wire after the buzzer. Check the engine harness, and the instrument harness.