Wiring Diagram

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2007 4.3L TKS? I am looking for the alarm wiring locations for the temperature sensor.

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi there, on your engine thermostat housing you should see a sending unit with two wires coming out of it, one is yellow and the other is black. The yellow goes to the ignition control module.

I believe someone has "recently" (within a few day) posted a photo of the temp sending unit from manual 33 or 36 that may help you a little bit.

If I do run across something I'll post it in here for you.

Good luck.:)

Last edited:

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
yes that was posted for me however I believe that is for an MPI. Maybe its the same but I do not have any connectors that look like that. In most diagrams I have seen, the yellow and black wires connect to the oil pressure switch and only a tan wire goes to the temp sending unit. I am a little confused by all of this. In most diagrams it shows a 5 volt ground splice. Where would this splice be located? There should be many black 5 volt wires according to the diagrams but most likely less on the MPI.

Any help is appreciated

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
from manual 36
UntitledV6_zps68c019f7.jpg

Fun Times

Staff member
In most diagrams I have seen, the yellow and black wires connect to the oil pressure switch and only a tan wire goes to the temp sending unit. I am a little confused by all of this. In most diagrams it shows a 5 volt ground splice. Where would this splice be located? There should be many black 5 volt wires according to the diagrams but most likely less on the MPI.

Any help is appreciated
If you seen the oil pressure switch as yellow you must have seen that in service manual # 41. That wiring diagram has a misprint on item number 26, it says oil switch but it really is engine temp. You will also notice # 15 says oil switch with purple/yellow wires, that is correct.

The 5 volt reference wires are only for the EFI/MPI's not used on the carb's. The diagram above is only for the MPI's. The first diagram posted a few days ago would really only help give you an idea about the ohms resistance values of the sender unit, not the wiring. The problem with finding an up to date wiring diagram online is that Mercruiser went to using a paperback book binder for all of the latest wiring diagrams. The binders were sent to all the dealers ($$$).

I'm not sure of the exact location of the ground splice 104, I never had to try and locate it myself.

The tan wire will run your analog temp gauge at the helm while the yellow, black, Tan/LT Blue at the ICM is all for the warning horn.;)

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
We'll that makes sense. I didn't know there was a misprint and yes it was in 41. Does the module itself act like a ground? I see some corrosion on the screws but it doesn't look like a grounding point.