Alfa 1 ram retaining clip

mkfs9

Seaman
Hi when cleaning I noticed the retaining clip on one of the hydrolic rams was out. Looks simple but hey I can't get it to lock back in heeeelllp

Last edited:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
If the clip in the end cap of the hydraulic ram on your Alpha One drive has popped out, it's usually due to corrosion under the seals. In a short time you will find that you can't trim the drive down without someone standing on it, or that when it does move it squeals... The best advise is to buy a new end cap and fit it. The new end cap comes with the seals and retainer clip already installed.

Chris......

thumpar

Admiral
SEI makes new cylinders for $120 bucks each. They don't make all versions but most. That is usually cheaper than a rebuild kit alone.

Yes, you may even find a real nice used one from Ebay. They are out there, just how much time do you have to find it.

Bondo

Staff member
Can I still use it until I get new parts.

Ayuh,.... At some point it's gonna blow out, 'n dump the oil into the water, Not trim up anymore, 'n allow seawater into the oil system,.....

Donno when that might happen, the gamble is yer's alone,....

achris

More fish than mountain goat
End caps are cheap. Get a couple of new ones and fix it before it causes problems. If you tell us the drive serial number and the casting number on the rams we can give you the part number of the end cap. Also if it's internal lines or external.

Chris.......

mkfs9

Seaman
End caps are cheap. Get a couple of new ones and fix it before it causes problems. If you tell us the drive serial number and the casting number on the rams we can give you the part number of the end cap. Also if it's internal lines or external.

Chris.......
Thanx but I am in the uk, so post and time ate against me. Towing it on holiday tonight hope to get if done when down at the coast, there are a few dealers there.