2008 4.3L rear mounts

dozerII

Admiral
Ser # 1A316906, Coupler went out of this as described in my other post, in the process I have been cleaning everything up getting ready for the re-install. The rear mounts in the fly wheel cover are there and in good condition, the problem I'm having is the parts diagram shows what is supposed to be on the transom bracket, shim kit and then you have the spacer bolt and washer. I don't see the double wound spring listed or fiber washers. On this application there is a fiber washer taped down on either side and a steel washer in the spot the spring usually rests. I can't find manual 32 anywhere which is the right one for this motor, anyone got any ideas?

alldodge

Staff member
Ser # 1A316906, Coupler went out of this as described in my other post, in the process I have been cleaning everything up getting ready for the re-install. The rear mounts in the fly wheel cover are there and in good condition, the problem I'm having is the parts diagram shows what is supposed to be on the transom bracket, shim kit and then you have the spacer bolt and washer. I don't see the double wound spring listed or fiber washers. On this application there is a fiber washer taped down on either side and a steel washer in the spot the spring usually rests. I can't find manual 32 anywhere which is the right one for this motor, anyone got any ideas?

Found Merc site for 9.95 download
http://mercruiser.backupmanuals.com/...Number-32.html

Edit: Do remember seeing a previous thread where the spring washers were replaced by shims. When I look up you engine I do see items as you mentioned.

Last edited: