kill switch installation for dynasty 4.3

cey

Recruit
I have a 1988 Dynasty with a 4.3 inboard. It doesn't have a kill switch that is required in our state. I can not access the ignition switch with out tearing the dash apart so can anyone tell me what wire I can splice to put a 2 wire seadog in. I can reach most of the wires going to the ignition. Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
I have a 1988 Dynasty with a 4.3 inboard. It doesn't have a kill switch that is required in our state. I can not access the ignition switch with out tearing the dash apart so can anyone tell me what wire I can splice to put a 2 wire seadog in. I can reach most of the wires going to the ignition. Thanks

:welcome: to iboats

The kill switch is connected by taking the purple wire which leaves the ignition key switch and placing the kill switch inline with it. If the kill switch opens it turns power off of everything.

thumpar

Admiral
You may want to check the law. Early boats didn't have them and may be grandfathered in. On mine the only thing it cuts out is the spark. I can still turn the motor over and get all other devices powered up. I don't use the lanyard but use the switch when at rest so the kids don't accidentally start the motor. It will only crank when off.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... What State is that,..??