Bravo one pressure

5at38off

Cadet
my bravo one gets pretty warm this time of year. our water hovers in the 90's. seems my drive is building a lot of pressure so when we stop air excapes out the top cover. however the orings and surfaces are good. also the oil bottle does not loose any oil. any ideas?

tpenfield

Staff member
You may have an air pocket in the outdrive, where oil should be. However, it should not be blowing bubbles. So time to run a pressure test and fix what you find. Then re-fill with high performance gear lube from the bottom and pump it into the reservoir as per the procedure outlined in the manual.

Fun Times

Staff member

5at38off

Cadet
that seal looks like a better design than the standard oring which I have. I might get one tomorrow at the marina. I am not loosing any oil at all. just air bubble coming out from the front of the top plate when I first shut it down. can a top drive shaft seal going bad cause pressure or air? I do remember seeing a little oil in the bellows when I had the drive off over the winter.

tpenfield

Staff member
You probably have an air pocket and more oil in the bellows. best to plan for some outdrive maintenance.