Smartcraft sc5000 - engines swapped on gauges

lageramber

Recruit
Hello,

I have a Sea Ray amberjack 290 with twin Mag 350 Horizons with the Smartcraft SC5000. I just got the boat back from the shop and the gauges and smart craft display have the engines backwards. Port is starboard and starboard is port. I asked the mechanic and he doesn't know anything about it. He changed the exhaust manifolds and spark plugs, nothing to do with the smartcraft system (I think). Any ideas on how this can happen? It looks like I can perform a master reset and re-assign the the engine sides, but wanted to first understand what happened.

Thank you for any input.

Greg

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Smartcraft sc5000 - engines swapped on gauges

Hi there, welcome to iboats!:)

They may have disconnected a system link harness near the engine side which in turn may have lost communication with the SC5000 that once was programmed by someone else. A master reset should correct the problem. It's doubtful the wire harnesses are crossed unless someone was working in the area of the junction box's.

Do you know if you have a command module located under/near the helm area? The system would be called digital throttle and shift. If so then it may have lost communication with the engines as well. Sometimes you may need a Mercruiser dealer to reprogram communication.