Grease fittings size

CaptainMak

Petty Officer 1st Class
Want to get my own grease gun this year to grease all points in the boat.
5.0L Alpha Gen 2.

What size are the nipples :lol: for the grease gun fittings on these outdrives ? I know they come in different sizes.

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Grease fittings size

Want to get my own grease gun this year to grease all points in the boat.
5.0L Alpha Gen 2.

What size are the nipples :lol: for the grease gun fittings on these outdrives ? I know they come in different sizes.

All grease fittings are industry standard. From lawn mowers to heavy equipment, with few exceptions all use the same fitting. Only variable is if a swivel, flexible or hard line coming from the grease gun. I have grease guns and all have different lines on them for various locations which are difficult to get to

CaptainMak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info. Do you use any special grease or just "marine" grade is sufficient ?

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

I have two inexpensive grease guns, one loaded with Quicksilver spline grease for the coupler/ driveshaft u-joints and gimbal bearing and one filled with Quicksilver 24C for the prop splines and gimbal ring and gimbal ring swivel shafts (and anyplace else that needs a little grease).

alldodge

Staff member

Stonyloam has a great setup for grease. I'll only add a Bondo comment "any grease is better then no grease"