GM engine wiring diagram

tommyk1974

Recruit
Hi I need some help recently got myself a glastron I believe to be an sx190. It has a gm 4.3l with the wiring in a mess none of the gauges work nor does the key ignition start her up. Any tips or info on whrre to get a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tommy

Bondo

Staff member
Re: GM engine wiring diagram

Hi I need some help recently got myself a glastron I believe to be an sx190. It has a gm 4.3l with the wiring in a mess none of the gauges work nor does the key ignition start her up. Any tips or info on whrre to get a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tommy

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... It may be a Chevy based motor, but it's Mercruiser wirin',...

'bout what year is it,..?? They ain't all the same,...

Got a serial number for it,..??

tommyk1974

Recruit

Hi thanks, I think the year is 1980. Can't see a serial number. Will get a photo up so you can see the mess that needs sorted. I don't know where to begin.

dubs283

Vice Admiral

I think the year is 1980. Can't see a serial number.

gm introduced the 4.3 V6 in 1985, no big deal, the engine you have may not be original to the boat

mercruiser serial numbers are on the valve cover or flame arrestor tag, also there is a metal tag riveted to the block above the starter motor, stbd side of engine