trim sender replacement

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Today I decided to replace my trim senders.. I did not get very far.

After removing the bell housing from the transom plate I disconnected the ujoint bellows from the bell housing and removed the screw holding the plate on for the sending wires. Plate was GLUED on it looks like.. I tried to remove it and it wouldnt budge so I used a long flat head and tapped it with a hammer. The plate split in 2. I still have not got the 2nd half off the boat.

What is the part number for that plate?

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: trim sender replacement

As far as I can tell from the diagram its only 1 bolt.

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class

it is shaped like a C but with a hole at the back for a bolt. I dont have a picture yet.

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class

doesnt matter anymore. Boat is dead. Hooked it up to water to run it today and its just pouring out of freeze plugs and other places. Clearly the block is cracked from the winter. Tried starting it and it runs like crap with the water so water must be getting in the cyls.

time to sell what i can and buy another boat.

Kwilson0824

Cadet

Sorry to hear about your loss...that sucks.

Regarding your trim limit and sender, I just replaced mine last weekend. Mine had two 7/16 bolts and the top one was terrible to get off. Found red lock tight on the top bolt threads. I used and old longer 7/16 wrench and bent it to able to get the wrench to the top
Bolt. Took a little effort but it came loose.

GOOD LUCK!

pyrotek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just curious, if you winterized it? Did you attempt to put antifreeze in or drain out the water and leave it empty?