mercruiser 470 a/f in oil

jabfd

Petty Officer 1st Class
hello everybody

Ive been dealing with this problem since last season a/f getting in to my oil i pressure tested the system and it loses pressure.
last season i changed the exhuast manifold to aluminium one because i could not get the old cast one to seal up at the riser gasket. so i upgraded to a use aluminum one presure test before i put it on it held after taking the boat out for a run got back to the dock and a/f was low pressure tested again losing pressure. I removed exhaust manifold tested on bench and it loses pressure around the gasket replaced gasket still does not seal up tried two gasket still no luck .
also ran a wire up the weep hole about two inches no a/f leaking out of that .

my question to everybody is while i had the riser off i presure tested the engine for 5min at 15 psi and it did not drop in presure can a head gasket not leak cold but leak when warm ?

sorry this is long but just trying to rule out if this is just a riser gasket problem or something else also i did a compresion test and all where between 145 and 155 thank you in advance for all your help

jabfd

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mercruiser 470 a/f in oil

hello everybody

Ive been dealing with this problem since last season a/f getting in to my oil i pressure tested the system and it loses pressure.
last season i changed the exhuast manifold to aluminium one because i could not get the old cast one to seal up at the riser gasket. so i upgraded to a use aluminum one presure test before i put it on it held after taking the boat out for a run got back to the dock and a/f was low pressure tested again losing pressure. I removed exhaust manifold tested on bench and it loses pressure around the gasket replaced gasket still does not seal up tried two gasket still no luck .
also ran a wire up the weep hole about two inches no a/f leaking out of that .

my question to everybody is while i had the riser off i presure tested the engine for 5min at 15 psi and it did not drop in presure can a head gasket not leak cold but leak when warm ?

sorry this is long but just trying to rule out if this is just a riser gasket problem or something else also i did a compresion test and all where between 145 and 155 thank you in advance for all your help

any help would be great

agallant80

Commander

Im not really a hard core engine guy but did you have the new head and old block machined before you attached them togeather?

jabfd

Petty Officer 1st Class

Im not really a hard core engine guy but did you have the new head and old block machined before you attached them togeather?

i never changed the head gasket just the exhaust manifold

Attached is the page from the manual regarding water in the engine, both above and below the pistons

Attachments

• 470 water in oil.jpg
    470 water in oil.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 0