Re: mercruiser 898 305 no spark

joeyg2345

Recruit

thanks chris, i have removed the tacho and shift interrupt switch leaving only the wire going to the points with no spark.

I will try the grounding of the coil tonight, haven't tried that yet.
I was thinking the breaker plate grounding could be an issue too, how is it supposed to be grounded? I dont have any wires from the distributor other than than the ground for the condeser / points. I was assuming the breaker plate just grounded to the distributor wich in turn grounds to the engine block.
[[ did you ever find out why no spark ?? I have the same problem same motor ..had to e towed in yesterday !! Thank you ,joe g.

joeyg2345

Recruit

thanks guys !!! I finally got a spit sputter and cough outta it blossoming into a full fledge roar!! Been puttering with this thing along with dumping ungodly amounts of credit....lol!! Along with the occasional green back or two and was just about ready to call the neighbors over for a fiberglass marshmellow roast!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now lets hope she floats !!!!<br /> thanks agian,<br /> todd

todd what was the problem with the no spark ?? I have the same problem ..so far i replaced the coil ..no luck ??

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: mercruiser 140 hp no spark from coil

Joey start a new thread, my man.Click on the red bar at the top of mercruiser forum. Merry Christmas.

joeyg2345

Recruit

thank you !

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard Joey,... As the big red banner stated in the thread ya posted in,....

Startin' a thread of yer Own, with Yer motor, 'n drive info is gonna get ya Much Better answers,....

So,.... What motor ya got,..?? What vintage,..??

Btw,... The distributor fires off the Coil,...
So, if ya got Points, start there,...