Ignition mess up

Neehoss

Recruit
Hi,
I have a 1989 Ebko ski Boat with a 1989 mercruiser 4.3. The other day i turned on the boat to warm up so i could winterize it and it ran with water for about 8 minutes.I shut it off with nothing abnormal happening. I changed the oil and when i went to restart it to check the oil pressure and run the antifreeze through it, the key turned the motor but if i turned it all the way to the right it stopped turning. When it would turn i would get no spark.Also the gauges dont turn on annymore. Anything you can think of will be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Ignition mess up

Hi,
I have a 1989 Ebko ski Boat with a 1989 mercruiser 4.3. The other day i turned on the boat to warm up so i could winterize it and it ran with water for about 8 minutes.I shut it off with nothing abnormal happening. I changed the oil and when i went to restart it to check the oil pressure and run the antifreeze through it, the key turned the motor but if i turned it all the way to the right it stopped turning. When it would turn i would get no spark.Also the gauges dont turn on annymore. Anything you can think of will be helpful.

Thanks

:welcome: to iboats

My first thought is your key switch went bad. Check for 12V on the Red/Pur wire on the back of the key. When turned to on see if you get 12V on the Purple wire.