help please.

stratcat88

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i have a 260hp 350ci mercruiser withe no numbers to give you guys. the mech. i bought the engine from bailed so now me and my freinds are finishing up. we got everything put together except the throttle and shifter that mounts on the engine. seen alot of pictures but cant tell cause everything is BLACK. thanks for the help.

thumpar

Admiral
Re: help please.

What exactly are you asking? Do you have any years to start from?

magic11305

Seaman

Its a shift plate, mounts on the starboard riser or elbow. Has a shift interrupter mounted on it along with the upper and lower shift cables. Sorry, don't have a picture. Maybe Google Mercruiser shift plate, should be pictures there.

stratcat88

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no years. they painted over everything. it was a mess. thanks magic, i think i know what your talking about. i will try to post some pictures of my little nitemare.

thumpar

Admiral

If it has a title then it has at least a year of the boat. What drive is it?

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have a 260hp 350ci mercruiser withe no numbers to give you guys. the mech. i bought the engine from bailed so now me and my freinds are finishing up. we got everything put together except the throttle and shifter that mounts on the engine. seen alot of pictures but cant tell cause everything is BLACK. thanks for the help.
I have two pictures of shift cables. May get one for throttle control. Hope this helps.
IMG_2342.jpgIMG_2343.jpg

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I couldn't find a picture of a throttle control cable but if you are still wondering, it's easy.
There is a Delta-shape bracket behind the carb. You slide the barrel on the cable into a round slot at the rear of the bracket, same as you do with shift cables. The tip of the cable gets attached to throttle control bracket on the carb. I can snap a picture tomorrow should you need one but you must be able to figure it out.
Taking over unfinished job...hate it.

stratcat88

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I couldn't find a picture of a throttle control cable but if you are still wondering, it's easy.
There is a Delta-shape bracket behind the carb. You slide the barrel on the cable into a round slot at the rear of the bracket, same as you do with shift cables. The tip of the cable gets attached to throttle control bracket on the carb. I can snap a picture tomorrow should you need one but you must be able to figure it out.
Taking over unfinished job...hate it.
thanks for the help man.this is my first salt water boat. i had a stratos 20ft bass boat that had a 150hp yamaha. mercruiser, different world. i have old threads of when i first got it and posted pictures of the camero, non marine, in it. took it out in the ocean 4 times. 4 times out 4 times towed back by seatow. best 186.00 dollars i ever spent. anyway hopefully will have running this weekend. thanks again.