Fuel injection on 2005 Mercruiser 5.0 to 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwsorrel

Recruit
Will the fuel injection system on a 2005 Mercruiser 5.0 work if i upgrade to a 5.7?I have heard you can have the efi reprogrammed to the 5.7 is this true?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel injection on 2005 Mercruiser 5.0 to 5.7

Will the fuel injection system on a 2005 Mercruiser 5.0 work if i upgrade to a 5.7?I have heard you can have the efi reprogrammed to the 5.7 is this true?

Howdy, welcome aboard!

It'll probably "run" but everything (fuel mapping, timing, RPM limits, mixture, etc) will be programmed for a 5.0L engine.

If you want to "upgrade" to a 5.7L engine, you get the best bang for the buck by also using an ECM and associated parts for a 5.7.

Regards,

Rick

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Yes google mefi burn you will get a obd site that will burn a new tune for you.

thumpar

Admiral

I think I read a thread that stated the the 5.0l didn't have the knock sensor while the 5.7l does. I don't remember the year that was being discussed. This is just something that I somewhat remember reading and could not effect you but it is something to check. I know my 5.7l has the sensor, never been that close to a 5.0l to look.

5.0L injection problems

I have a 2001, SeaRay 210 5.0 EFI, 351 hours. The vessel is in like new condition .

PROBLEM: Fuel is getting to the inlet on the back of the throttle body. but NOT through the fuel injectors and down the throttle body. I Borrowed a Injector pulsed diode light installed it on the fuel injector connectors crank the engine and there was no pulsing light, I have spark at the coil. I changed the coil out as a precautionary and still the injectors do not fire. The problem started after the battery died and the rain water filled up the engine compartment and flooded out the starter, I replaced the starter and cleaned all the wire connectors all the fuses were good, checked the wire harness to the ECM all seems good. could it possibly be the ignition module even though it is putting out spark the spark seems to be yellowish. The engine cranks and sparks but the injectors will not fire. I checked the ground connectors. There was some corrosion from being submersed. I removed the bolt and all the connectors cleaned and sprayed with corrosion block put back together with a new coil and still the injectors do not fire. Even though the module is putting out spark should I replaced that module, or is the problem elsewhere?

A local Mercruiser dealer had them scope (diagnose) the ECM and they found NO codes . It has Yellow-ish spark! Almost acting like the lanyard is "pulled", I flipped it up and down to see if it reset it, still no fuel. I have checked all the fuses both forward and aft. Circuit Breaker is functioning.

Thank you in advance for any ideas!!!
Captain Mikes

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Read the Help Tip on of the page and start a new thread. This one is old and inactive. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.