mercruiser 3.0 L ignition wire w/ black plug ends ???

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
hello,
I am trying to purchase a replacement harness wire set that runs from ignition coil to distributor. 3.0 L 1999 EST.. It has black plugs on each end and has two conductors in the set. Mine goes open when you move the wire I found the issue winterizing the boat today. Thank the Lord I didn't get stranded 15 miles out at Lake Erie in the cold last week. Thanks for a part number or info.
Rick

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: mercruiser 3.0 L ignition wire w/ black plug ends ???

Thank the Lord I didn't get stranded 15 miles out at Lake Erie in the cold last week.
As you will see in the Terry's link above, you will have to buy the complete set of spark plug wires since Mercruiser does not always offer just the coil wire only any longer with most of their engine models. With your quote above, you don't seem like the person that likes things to go wrong anytime soon. So in my personal past experience, you will be much better of buying OEM plug wires vs any others.

Good luck.:)

Bondo

Staff member

As you will see in the Terry's link above, you will have to buy the complete set of spark plug wires since Mercruiser does not always offer just the coil wire only any longer with most of their engine models. With your quote above, you don't seem like the person that likes things to go wrong anytime soon. So in my personal past experience, you will be much better of buying OEM plug wires vs any others.

Good luck.:)

Ayuh,.... It sounds to me that kramerpage is lookin' for the Primary wirin' loom, not the high tension lead,....

'n in Terry's link, it ain't got a part number for it,...

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer

That's correct Bondo. The primary side. Of the coil not secondary. May have to try a marina. Can't find on the web. Thx for reply.

Bondo

Staff member

That's correct Bondo. The primary side. Of the coil not secondary. May have to try a marina. Can't find on the web. Thx for reply.

Ayuh,.... Donno how Handy ya are, but I'd try fixin' what you've got 1st,...

So long as the plug ends are OK, the wire in between can be replaced,...

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer

Ayuh,.... Donno how Handy ya are, but I'd try fixin' what you've got 1st,...

So long as the plug ends are OK, the wire in between can be replaced,...

The wire is bad where it enters the molded plug end so it has to be replaced. Thanks