Engine serial #

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Morning, quick question here, Im looking for some parts for my 2001 Monterey 262, I was looking for the engine serial # that I know it should be a small plate behind the right side risers, the thing is the plate is GONE!!.
Is there any other place I could look for an engine serial #??
Looking in the web for parts I chose this engine because of the year of the bot but not really sure.
My boat is 2001, mercruiser 5.7, Bravo 3

5.7L (2 BBL.) GM 350 V-8 1998-2001
0L010037 THRU 0M599999

Thanks in advanmce for your seggestions and comments

84EdH

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Engine serial #

I wouldn't think it would be on the engine cover over the carb, because you would have already seen it. Also, your probably looking in the correct area you described above, but just to be sure, look on the block just above where the starter mounts. sometimes hard to see down in there when the engine is in the boat. if so try using your phone/camera to reach in and take some blind pics to scope out that area.

also, depending on what parts you need, there will be block stamps where the bell housing bolts on and you can sometimes id the engine from the type of intake manifold/#bolts holding manifold on. vortec vs. non.

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Engine serial #

Great info, thanks 84, yeah the carb cover # are gone also, will look into the options you gave me.

Thanks again