Pulling a Raw Water Pump - Mercruiser 5.0 Bravo 3

sjotis

Recruit
Hello,

I am trying to pull the raw water (sea water) pump on a 2005 5.0 Mercruiser Bravo 3 in a Sea Ray Sundeck 240.

I've removed the serpentine belt, idler pulley, and have the pump loose on the threaded stud off the engine block. I have two challenges:

1) the crankshaft pulley appears to be in the way (or perhaps its the Cool Fuel system blocking from the other side) - I can't pull the pump off the stud.

2) the raw water in / out hoses are very challenging to reach.

Any tips? Thanks

Engine Serial #: OW310366

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Pulling a Raw Water Pump - Mercruiser 5.0 Bravo 3

You have to be a contortionist to get the raw water pumps out. I usually go in from the side to loosen the clamps on the hoses. Then the pump has more wiggle room to come out, etc. Make sure that you take note of which is the inlet and outlet hose for when you reinstall it.

sjotis

Recruit
Re: Pulling a Raw Water Pump - Mercruiser 5.0 Bravo 3

You have to be a contortionist to get the raw water pumps out. I usually go in from the side to loosen the clamps on the hoses. Then the pump has more wiggle room to come out, etc. Make sure that you take note of which is the inlet and outlet hose for when you reinstall it.

Thanks - loosening up the Cool Fuel unit helped. Also, there was a vertical bulkhead in front of the motor that I removed - that made all the difference.

Thanks again