Help mercury throttle quicksilver commander classic

long story short disassembled to reupholster put back together wires were to short for trim tabs upon further head scratching i figured i took the throttle off in the wrong position as wires are to the left when i put the throttle lever back on and i believe they are supposed to be in line with throttle so i try to install lever horizontally and lever will not go clockwise only counter clockwise what did i do? and how do i fix it thanx in advance

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Help mercury throttle quicksilver commander classic

Hello and :welcome: to iBoats...

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you have written. I've read through it 3 times and it's still not making any sense.

A few full stops might help... Also these 'wires' you're refering to, are they the control cables or the neutral switch electrical wires. And the 'throttle', is that the control lever? And when you say the 'wires' (I think maybe control cables) were too short, does that mean you have changed the position of the control box?

Thanks for your answers to the above questions...

Chris......

Sorry Chris was flustered and didn't think and read what I was typing

the wires are for the trims tabs and trailer buttons that are on the throttle these wire slide thru throttle which leads me to believe they need to be in same position as throttle is

but the control box is in the same as I removed it but the throttle position is moved or something

And thank you for the manual but that is not the throttle I have if you google quicksilver throttle images it is the second image

Appreciate all the help

achris

More fish than mountain goat

... if you google quicksilver throttle images it is the second image...

This one?
170909d1304359930-need-remove-quicksilver-throttle-handle-throttle1204084348.jpg

The handle does need to go back on in the right place. If the shaft is in the neutral position, then put the lever back where the normal neutral position was set up on your boat....

britisher

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rijas,
I have sent you a pm. I have the manual for this throttle control. I have the same control.

This one?
170909d1304359930-need-remove-quicksilver-throttle-handle-throttle1204084348.jpg

The handle does need to go back on in the right place. If the shaft is in the neutral position, then put the lever back where the normal neutral position was set up on your boat....

Yes this is the one the problem is I don't know what the neutral position is after guessing and messing with it how can I tell where neutral is ?

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Can you see the engine while your at the helm?....If so clamp a par of vise grips on the shaft ( Be carefull not to mar/mash the teeth ) move the throttle forward till it stops and watch the throttle cable at the carb...is it at WOT? If it is good...now bring it back till you feel it click....that should be neutral....... Double check your prop, should spin free both ways.

thank you for the manual
checkmate thank you for the info i will try this and keep you guys posted

also have a question about the neutral lock ring manual is vague on how its to be positioned any ideas or how it functions thank you guys in advance

Thanks for the help got It figured out went counterclockwise with help of looking at throttle cables installed shifter everything works thanx again