Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0

Amaier41

Cadet
Re: Riser and manifold gaskets

Thank you for your information ...
Supposedly with the Barr center rise conversion kit I can use the same thermostat housing...
Im mechanically inclined but I'm new to the boatin thing...

Amaier41

Cadet

Steve86ta... had what I have for log manifold setup with restrictive plates I believe ...
I purchased a Barr center rise conversion kit...they claim I can use stock (6 hose thermostat) and also full flow gaskets between risers and manifolds instead of stock restricted plates which had one 1/8 inch hole...that was all in them... That seem right ?
There's is so much controversy on thermostat housings and restrictive plates...I don't have have heat exchange unit or cooling tank..
My Barr conversion kit shipped yesterday 8/5/13 but trying to be ready in advance

Last edited:

Amaier41

Cadet

After lots of research...if this sounds right...I can keep the original 6 hose thermostat...the lower 4 hoses on thermostat will go to the manifolds...2 each side...the two upper thermostat hoses will go to the risers..1 each...and a restricted plate between the manifolds and risers sandwiched between 2 gaskets...the same setup as with the log manifolds actually
It was that or update to 4 hose thermostat housing and use free flow gaskets...
I'll fall over if this works from shock