Trim Position Sender

77GlastronMT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok after researching this a bit I believe the sender on the Stbd side is the position sender and the Port side is the limit switch, correct? My boat does not have a position indicator on the dash but has the sender installed with wires, which is where I come to my concern. The wires are frayed, insulation is gone and they are touching. Since I don't have a gauge/meter do I need to worry about this? Or is it not used, therefore not powered ever?? Thanks!! John

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Trim Position Sender

Ok after researching this a bit I believe the sender on the Stbd side is the position sender and the Port side is the limit switch, correct? My boat does not have a position indicator on the dash but has the sender installed with wires, which is where I come to my concern. The wires are frayed, insulation is gone and they are touching. Since I don't have a gauge/meter do I need to worry about this? Or is it not used, therefore not powered ever?? Thanks!! John

You are correct the liit is on the Port side. With no gauge installed you don't need to bother with the sender wires.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Trim Position Sender

Ok after researching this a bit I believe the sender on the Stbd side is the position sender and the Port side is the limit switch, correct?

Correct

79GlastronMT said:
My boat does not have a position indicator on the dash but has the sender installed with wires, which is where I come to my concern. The wires are frayed, insulation is gone and they are touching. Since I don't have a gauge/meter do I need to worry about this? Or is it not used, therefore not powered ever?? Thanks!! John

Even with the gauge in place and hooked up, those wires only ever see the 'low' side of the power... So, no , there is no problem or concern with the insulation gone.

Chris..