Mercruiser 2.8D oil pressure sender.

James76

Cadet
Hi all. I was looking for some advice please on an issue I came across yesterday with my Merc 2.8D. Upon starting the engine, the warning light and alarm were on for the oil pressure. These stayed on for around 20 seconds then went off. The pressure gauge was healthy and rose healthily with engine revs. I was confident that the oil pressure was alright so went out on the boat for around an hour with no issue.

Upon restarting the engine, for the hour's journey back to the marina, the light/alarm were on again for around 15 seconds, again, running fine and with good pressure on the gauge. I am sure that it is an issue with the oil pressure sender unit. Can anyone help me with a part number and location on the engine for this part please? I am now workiong offshore so can't physically look at the boat.

I should add, that the oil is good and at a correct level.

Thanks in advance, James.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Mercruiser 2.8D oil pressure sender.

Hello James. Can we have an engine serial number please.... That helps us find your engine parts drawings so we can 'visualize' what you're telling us.

OK.. Have you had any work done on the engine recently? (oil and filter change maybe?)

Chris......