1987 3.0 Alternator Belt

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Anyone know size of this belt? is it 13/32x40 v belt? how wide is that belt? Seen belts from $3 to $20.. thanks..

Mine's been squeeking, tighten it its ok for while then squeeks again... need new lock nuts to bite in,,, everytime it squeeks that means its slipping and subject to increased wear.. thanks all

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: 1987 3.0 Alternator Belt

Easiest to take the belt off and take it with you to any auto parts store. Nothing 'marine' about a fan belt...

Chris.....

Bondo

Staff member

Anyone know size of this belt? is it 13/32x40 v belt? how wide is that belt? Seen belts from $3 to $20.. thanks..

Mine's been squeeking, tighten it its ok for while then squeeks again... need new lock nuts to bite in,,, everytime it squeeks that means its slipping and subject to increased wear.. thanks all

Ayuh,.... Are the pulleys Rusty,..??

That'll tear up a belt in no time flat,...

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander

true Chris,,, thanks,, Bondo-o nope,,,where belt rides its smooth.. new lock nuts with teeth are called for here I think... was a new belt this year,,I adjusted it about 3 trips ago, started squeeking again, got loose again, I loosend the slider bolt, put bar against engine block pulled it tight again. did not see any reason why I should spend $20 for a $3 belt.. thanks