Mallory bellows kit

flipbro

Master Chief Petty Officer
Ha guys, I started to replace all my bellows and gimble bearing today with a Mallory kit my local dealer sold me. Now im not new to doing this job ive preformed it twice before, but with oem parts. My problem is I cant seem to get the water intake hose to not kink when every thing is back to gether I never had this problem with oem is there a difference in the hoses? The mallory hose say HD 200psi heater hose! My drive is a MR connected to a 5.7 .Any one have this problem and point me in the rite direction to fix it!

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mallory bellows kit

unless the hose is double wall it will always kink.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Get the OEM kit and stop buying the cheap junk. Then you won't have all those problems.

flipbro

Haha Boy thanks 4 the advice! Dealer told me it was a good quality kit so its what I have I geuss theres no fix but to buy an oem water line anyone now the difference? is it a heaver line?

ktbarrentine

Lieutenant

Not only the OEM water line, but the bellows as well.... You'll be glad you did.

flipbro

This kit cost me a 189 bucks did I get screwed.. Dealer insured me of its quilty! I mean its what I have and would like to use it!

flipbro

Update I went and purchased the oem water hose installed it with out a problem! This is my first after market kit and lerned my lesson OEM OEM OEM is the only way to go thanks 4 the advice guys