Kinked water inlet on Alpha drive

chin00kie

Cadet
I have a 1985 Glastream with an Alpha 1 drive. My red 3/4" water inlet hose was kinked and was restricting water flow so . I took the gimble housing off to do a bellows repair job. My repair kit came with the same 3/4"hose that cannot be installed without it also kinking. I see some Bravo drives have a preformed hose and I would like to get a preformed hose to install on my Alpha drive. Does anyone know if a preformed hose is available for the Alpha drives? Will the Bravo hose work? If so, what is the part number? Finally, I went to the Auto Parts store and searched through their wall of preformed hoses and found a 3/4" heater hose with a 90 degree bend on one end and a suitable shape to fit. The hose is not as heavy duty as the 200psi hose in my kit.:confused: I can't see why I need 200psi for this hose and it would seem to me that having no kinks or water restriction would be more important than having such a heavy hose. Please let me know if anyone else has solved this issue. Thanks.

thumpar

Admiral
Re: Kinked water inlet on Alpha drive

The tubing that came with my kit was a Goodyear 250 psi. You pretty much have to bent it with the ends touching to kink it. Maybe it is just cheap tubing.

alldodge

Staff member

The kit comes with a length of hose which should be hard to kink, that being said the hose may need to be shortened to meet the application. The 200 psi hose is not for pressure for for rigidity. The more rigid the hose the less likely it will bend and knik. If your kit has softer hose it appears to not meet the requirements necessary for a suction line.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

Use the OEM double wall hose of the correct length, not heater hose. It kinks.
properly installed it dosent kink