Correct manuals to purchase

ericson1958

Recruit
I recently purchased a 2001 METALCRAFT MARINE KING FISHER with a Mercruiser 4.3L V6 engine SN OMO86978 and BRAVO 3 Drive SN OM134778.Prior to purchasing the Mercruiser Service Manuals would like for someone to confirm that I require manual #25 (90-8613281)for the engine and #28 for the drive.
I am rebuilding my gimbal ring and steering shaft I was sent the tube style exhaust bellows instead of the original accordian style type. Is this OK or should I stick to the stock Accordian style??
Trim and limit work ok should I replace these anyway??
Should I replace the U bolt on steering shaft it looks fine to me??
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated ..Thanks...

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Correct manuals to purchase

I recently purchased a 2001 METALCRAFT MARINE KING FISHER with a Mercruiser 4.3L V6 engine SN OMO86978 and BRAVO 3 Drive SN OM134778.Prior to purchasing the Mercruiser Service Manuals would like for someone to confirm that I require manual #25 (90-8613281)for the engine and #28 for the drive.
I am rebuilding my gimbal ring and steering shaft I was sent the tube style exhaust bellows instead of the original accordian style type. Is this OK or should I stick to the stock Accordian style??
Trim and limit work ok should I replace these anyway??
Should I replace the U bolt on steering shaft it looks fine to me??
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated ..Thanks...

You are correct it is # 25 for the carberated 4.3L and #28 for Bravo 3.
You need the accordian type P/N 18654A 1 for the exhaust, P/N 86840A 3 for the U-joints
If trim limit is working I wouldn't replace them unless the engine is out of the boat, just to much work otherwise.
No don't replace the U bolt

Welcome aboard