Carb Rebuild Kit for 1992 Mercruiser 3.0l?

I want to rebuild the carb on my 1992 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser 3.0 0D522...
I also need a new fuel line from the carb to the pump, but I am having a difficult time finding either one of those.
Any help that anyone can get me would be great!

Also, is the fuel filter at the pump serviceable?

Re: Carb Rebuild Kit for 1992 Mercruiser 3.0l?

I didn't know that the whole serial number made a difference, here it is: 0D522776
What would the difference be in the manifolds? I can't find a picture of them.
Does that kit include all screws, floats, etc...?

alldodge

Staff member

I didn't know that the whole serial number made a difference, here it is: 0D522776
What would the difference be in the manifolds? I can't find a picture of them.
Does that kit include all screws, floats, etc...?

Using the whole s/n the parts come out the same.
I don't have a picture of them either and personnaly don't remember seeing one with end caps, but the end caps should be easy to see. Either your manifold is one complete casting or it has some kind of an end cap which is bolted to each end
The kit should have everything but I would recommend calling PPT and ask them or another supplier of your choosing.

Ahh, that would make sense. Mine is a single casting with drain plugs on the bottom, but that's it.
Thanks for the info!

alldodge

Staff member

Ahh, that would make sense. Mine is a single casting with drain plugs on the bottom, but that's it.
Thanks for the info!

Just to make sure we are talking about the same manifold, I believe they are discussing the intake not the exhaust. Intake doesnt have anf drain holes

Well, after a year-long hiatus, I finally got some time to rebuild the carb and do some work to the boat! I ordered the parts above, and they were perfect matches for what I needed, so thank you for the help!
The carb wasn't dirty, but it had a bunch of white residue, and the fuel bowl is pretty pitted. I'm assuming that at some point, it sat for a loooong time with old fuel in it.
When I rebuilt the carb, I also found that the float was improperly adjusted, so I can only imagine if that was some of my problem. In the kit, it had a solid brass rod, or a spring-style for the float needle. After reading what the spring-style is for (flooding, rough idle), I decided to put that in and see if if fixes the flooding and rough idle I was having. I don't know if it will, I'm thinking that those problems were probably because of the residue throughout the carb, and the float adjustment.
So, I'll get it fired up tonight, and hopefully, everything will be ready for the river!!

Ugh, you're right! I did keep using it through the '13 season, then only had it out 1 time in '14.
I did get it fired up, the idle is MUCH better, as is throttle response (no bogging). I'm excited to get it in the water!

Last edited: