1993 caravelle legend 2000 starter problem..

Rivers125

Recruit
I am new as can be to boating. I bought this boat 3 weeks ago have had no issues yesterday I was out on river and turned boat off while tied up and after that boat would not turn on. I can hear starter spinning but motor will not attempt to turn over. After being towed I put prop all the way up and tried to start it up and it starts no problem.. What do you guys think I need a new starter?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1993 caravelle legend 2000 starter problem..

I am new as can be to boating. I bought this boat 3 weeks ago have had no issues yesterday I was out on river and turned boat off while tied up and after that boat would not turn on. I can hear starter spinning but motor will not attempt to turn over. After being towed I put prop all the way up and tried to start it up and it starts no problem.. What do you guys think I need a new starter?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... I'd think ya oughta atleast pull the starter, 'n Inspect, 'n bench test it,...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Rivers125

Recruit
Re: 1993 caravelle legend 2000 starter problem..

It's a 5.0 mericruiser with a omc cobra lower unit. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step to start the engine. Because all I could hear was the starter spinning no other noise.