Stern Drive Water Hose

jdbme

Cadet
Is it possible to change the water hose between the bell housing and transom without pulling the bell housing and bellows off?

Or

Is it possible to remove the top hinge pins for the bell housing to get enough room to replace the water hose?

Any help is appreciated. I've never removed the bell housing before and don't want to hassle with the U-joint or exhaust bellows if possible.

Joe

LastCall1983

Seaman
Re: Stern Drive Water Hose

Hi,

I just pulled my outdrive off today.. not by removing the the hinge pins, but by removing the outdrive from the bell housing. (still have to remove the bell housing but it started raining) I didn't want to remove mine either but after pulling it off today I'm going to tell you you want to do it...

The bellows need to be replaced after every 5 years or so. Mine were rotten and the shift cable was frozen up. Sorry to tell you that you need to remove it, but I would if i was you so i could go ahead and replace the bellows.

jdbme

Cadet
Re: Stern Drive Water Hose

The bellows were replace two years ago by a shop. I believe the water hose was replaced at that time too, but looks like it was defective and had a bubble burst.

The drive is already off due to replacement of the shift cable.

Is there a way to loosen the bell housing just enough to replace the water hose without removing the exhaust and U-joint bellows?

Joe