Cool fuel filter

agallant80

Commander
Hey folks.

I have the merc cool fuel module on my boat. I can find the filter for it but I think there is a smaller filter on it some place. If any one knows what I am talking about can you tell me the part number if you know it if not what it is so I can google it.

Thanks.

-AG

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Cool fuel filter

The filter I'm seeing for a the engine with a bravo is 866171A01 and cost about 50. There is not one for an Alpha, so I'm guessing you have a Bravo

agallant80

Commander

Yeah I have a bravo. I can find the filter online but I thought there was some screen that had to be replaced too.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There is a screen strainer under the filter cup in the cool fuel. Maybe that is what you are thinking about.

PN 892665 item 23 in the picture.

Filter.jpg

Found this picture of a new one.

filtro-pompa-benzina-mercruiser-892665.jpg

agallant80

Commander

Ok next question. Do I have to replace the strainer when I do the fuel filter?

Fun Times

Staff member

Ok next question. Do I have to replace the strainer when I do the fuel filter?
It would be advisable to replace the strainer as well as the filter due to the strainer will typically be in a clogged state upon removal. But do you absolutely have to replace it? No, it's your boat/money, your welcome to do whatever you like. You could also try carefully cleaning the strainer if you like. The goal would be to see some light through it. The strainer just pulls up & out off the bottom of the fuel module with a little bit of fiddling involved using long nose pliers.

Good luck.:)