Installing Alpha1 Gen 2 Drive Needs

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Installing Alpha1 Gen 2 Drive Needs

Alignment tool . . .

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So I need an alignment tool?? Is there a part number ?? I'm just removing it, removing lower unit, install new impeller assy, look things over, grease splines and reinstall..

achris

More fish than mountain goat

So I need an alignment tool?? Is there a part number ?? I'm just removing it, removing lower unit, install new impeller assy, look things over, grease splines and reinstall..

Part of the annual maintenance is to check the engine alignment, and that can only be done when the drive is off. So check while you have the opportunity now....

Chris........

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The engine alignment should be checked at least annually but only take a couple minutes and a good thing to do whenever the drive is off.

Part #91-805475A1 and around $30 on ebay.

Did you buy the drive gasket set part #27-94996T2?
It's usually a good idea to use some bellows adhesive or other glue on the big round rubber ring that goes inside the bell housing to hold it in place when installing the drive.

You greased the gimbal bearing also?

Mark

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info so far...I have the gasket kit #27-94996Q2, & 2-4-C grease. Need to get bellows or weatherstrip adhesive.. & alignment tool.. How do I grease the gimbal bearing-- remove and hand pack, grease needle ?? Why would they not have a grease fitting ?? What does have grease fittings anymore..

achris

More fish than mountain goat

No grease fitting on the new gimbal bearings. Greased for life. Just stick your hand in there and turn it. Should be smooth. If not, replace it.