ken

kenevans136

Recruit
several questions about my bravo one 7.4 L. have pulled the clutch cone out and would like to know if it is bad ? looking at it seems ok, will dismanteling it find the problem ? and, will a bravo two clutch assembley fit ? It looks the same in pictures. appreciate any replys.:confused:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: ken

I'm not an outdrive guru but looking at your question I would suggest a couple things to get some help. The title of your message needs to be something about the problem like (Bravo 1 help). Next since your asking about specifice parts pics would help those looking. My message will bump your post back to the top and maybe someone will reply. Good luck and welcome to the forum

achris

More fish than mountain goat

several questions about my bravo one 7.4 L. have pulled the clutch cone out and would like to know if it is bad ? looking at it seems ok, will dismanteling it find the problem ? and, will a bravo two clutch assembley fit ? It looks the same in pictures. appreciate any replys.:confused:

Hello Ken and welcome to iBoats.

May I direct you to this -> Please Read This Before Posting A Question...-> How to Ask a Question....

As for your question. The difference between Bravo drives is the gear housing. The drive-shaft housings are all the same. That said, there are some differences between early and later model drive-shaft housings. As you haven't supplied any information (serial number) of either drive, I can't be certain of the compatibility between them.

The other thing you didn't tell us is why you have the clutch pack out.... Some I can't tell you if dis-assembling it will fox the problem...

Chris..........

kenevans136

Recruit

Thanks to all who replied. hit submerged log with outdrive and prop, stainless steel 4 blade, after that could only obtain just above no wake speed, any attempt to plane out caused engine to rev but no more speed, sound like vehicle with slipping clutch. engine is a 502 merccruiser (gm) 425hp, prop hub is not spun, so thats why i pulled out drive, figuring clutch would be next in line to go. It looks like new no metal shavings, chipped gears, or broken bearings that i can c from outside visual inspection. universal joints have tiny amount of play so not the problem. Could there be a problem i will find if i dismantel ? if not i guess only thing left would be to pull motor:grumpy: to c if power transfer plate has gone bad. i did not smell burning rubber but my engine compartment is well sealed and i did not open it at time. engine is 2005, outdrive is 1995 vintage, bravo 1, 7.4 L, prior engine was a 454. thats all i can think of as far as info goes. appreciate ur feedback and thanks again. Ken