til trim meter

wep32907

Cadet
tilt trim gauge

tilt trim gauge

I have a 3.0 mercruiser. my tilt and trim gauge went out and wondering how to fix this problem

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: tilt trim gauge

Find out what the problem is, and replace it or fix it.

Might help to know what you're working on other than a trim gauge. Is it attached to some kind of drive of some unknown year?

wep32907

Cadet

and my gas gauge also went out. while back before my trim gauge went out how can I fix both problems

alldodge

Staff member
Re: til trim meter

Either its the gauge or the sender. Most the time its the sender. The sender is on the starboard side of the outdrive. Get an impact crew driver and loosen the screws holding it. Move the sender and see if the gauge moves. Here is the link how to adjust
Trim Limit

wep32907

Cadet

1976 cheetah its a newer 3.0 it all been redone motor # 0m650881... and I want to fix it

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: til trim meter

Merged your two threads together since they ask the same thing.
Might want to post your fuel gauge problem over in the electrical forum, and look at the stickies there. All kinds of info on the fuel gauge there.

Your trim gauge and sender however is part of the engine system. Check the trim sender with an ohm meter and see if it works smoothly through it's range. Usually the wires fall off of them before anything else goes wrong.