3.7 stalls immediately under load

Redkneck

Seaman
So I finally get the boat out on the lake, still cranking a little rough but I'm trying to get it to run out and see if I'm still going to get water in my oil before I keep sinking more and more $ in it.

So after letting out warm up I put it I'm gear and it stalls out almost immediately. I'm thinking shift interrupt but it will go to wide open throttle on the hose. I'm sure it need points and plugs and carb cleaning, but would this make it die like that?

Thanks as always!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 3.7 stalls immediately under load

So I finally get the boat out on the lake, still cranking a little rough but I'm trying to get it to run out and see if I'm still going to get water in my oil before I keep sinking more and more $ in it.

So after letting out warm up I put it I'm gear and it stalls out almost immediately. I'm thinking shift interrupt but it will go to wide open throttle on the hose. I'm sure it need points and plugs and carb cleaning, but would this make it die like that?

Thanks as always!

Ayuh,.... If the shift switch Is cauin' the stall,...

It's because of the Lower Shift Cable draggin', 'n not the switch, as it's obviously workin',....

a1nowell

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 3.7 stalls immediately under load

The SIS usually will not make the engine stall when on muffs. Only in water with a drag on the prop.