carburetor electric choke wireing

cpt ron jc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i am switching back to electric choke ,there was a newer set up ,turn key start that is not working ,what 2 wires go to my older carb.that works good, i started the engine and ran it 15 min. to warm up ,runs great, no stalling idle is ok, do i need to hook up wires to the choke,if so which 2 wires,there is a plug that goes to the enricher ,black and white,1990 4.3 v6.thanks

NHGuy

Captain
Re: carburetor electric choke wireing

Run the purple wire to the plus side, and the black wire to a ground. All it does is heat an element that then slowly opens the choke as it warms/the motor runs.
By the way, if that choke is replacing a divorced choke that gets it heat by being connected to the intake manifold, there should be a hole left in the side of the carburetor by removing the previous style of choke. Plug the hole with a screw and some threadlocker, other wise it's a constant vacuum leak and affects carb behavior.

cpt ron jc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok thanks i will check it out.rc

cpt ron jc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yes there is a hole on the left side of carb,however mine is blocked its not a vent, i got the part about the purple,i used a meter to find it,they had 2 or 3 different plugs from the TKS, I ran it to normal temp. no stalling issue,i wiil take it out this week to try it ,thanks much,rjc