mercury quicksilver 3000 classic

swish1022

Recruit
i am restoring a 1995 vip boat. it had a 1993 model mercury quicksilver 3000 throttle with the trailer button on the bottom right corner. the trim up button didnt work it would only raise with the trailer button. it was broke so i replaced it with a newer throttle quicksilver 3000 made in the year 2000. it does not have the trailer button on it. so what im asking is how can i wire it up so i can use the trim buttn on the handel for up and down. from throttle there is three wires red green/white and light blue. form the boat harness there are 4 wires gren purple red an blue. any info would be great thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: mercury quicksilver 3000 classic

from throttle there is three wires red green/white and light blue.

form the boat harness there are 4 wires gren purple red an blue.

From the boat harness. Hook the purple and the blue wires together, then hook tose two to the light blue wire coming from the throttle.
Back at the transom, disconnect the trim limit switch wires and jumper between the two connectors on the boat harness.

No more trim limit the drive will go from full down to full up with the trim button.

the other wires will still be green to green, and red to red.

swish1022

Recruit

From the boat harness. Hook the purple and the blue wires together, then hook tose two to the light blue wire coming from the throttle.
Back at the transom, disconnect the trim limit switch wires and jumper between the two connectors on the boat harness.

No more trim limit the drive will go from full down to full up with the trim button.

the other wires will still be green to green, and red to red.

At the transom there is the blue and purple wires connected two black wires. What exactle am I doing with these wire and I really appreciate the help.

Don S

Disconnect the black wires. They go to the trim limit switch on the gimbal ring.
Now take the connector with the blue wire and purple wire in it, and hook it to the wire with the blue wire in it.

If that's not clear, just post a picture of those connections and I can show you quite easily.

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

Don, I may be wrong, but I think you hook the connector with the purple wire to the connector with two blue wires.

Don S

Yes, posted colors wrong. Here is a picture. Hook 14 and 15 together with a jumper wire. Male bullet connectors on each end of the jumper wire.

bypass.jpg