Dual pattern starter

chadriley5

Cadet
the inner diagonal starter bolt broke off after the engine kicked back i guess i was 180 out.my racecar starter has both bolt patterns for a small or large flywheel and doesnt use the diagonal hole.does anyone make a starter mini torque starter with the dual pattern that goes straight across to keep me from having to pull the motor back out.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Dual pattern starter

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Not sure I understand ya,...

The Inner bolt is common to Both bolt patterns,...
The outboard bolt moves, 'tween 'em....

chadriley5

Cadet

there are 3 holes in the block 2 at rear for 153 tooth flywheel then there is one about 2"toward the front of the motor closest to the oilpan.use that one and the outer hole at the back of the block for 168 tooth flywheel they are diagonal from each other.the mini torque has a aluminum plate with 4 different holes and uses the rear bolt holes at the rear of the block to be able to use the same starter with either size flywheel.the diagonal whole closest to the oil pan has a bolt broke off in it.

chadriley5

Cadet

also my starter now has a lug for the fuel pump to run the fuel pump while the engine is turning over can i move it to the hot side of the coil.

thumpar

Admiral

also my starter now has a lug for the fuel pump to run the fuel pump while the engine is turning over can i move it to the hot side of the coil.
No. The fuel pump would run with the key on even if the engine is not running. It should only run when the starter is cranking or the engine is running.

chadriley5

Cadet

i guess i could wire it up to the oil pressure sensor so the fuel pump will only run when it has oil pressure

thumpar

Admiral

i guess i could wire it up to the oil pressure sensor so the fuel pump will only run when it has oil pressure
That is how it is suppose to be but you still want voltage from the starter when cranking too.

chadriley5

Cadet

i could hooh to the battery cable and let it stay hot and let the oil pressure switch supply the ground